So WP is still acting weird and all I seem to be able to view is a cached copy. It is getting beyond annoying. I can’t post pictures and even when I visit my friend’s blogs, I see them as cached copies.
Anyway. Here’s What I Ate on Wednesday:
A breakfast of dosas and coconut chutney. After my observations last week about how I was always eating cereal, I decided it was time to make a change. Yes I Can!! I screamed as I woke up on Independence Day (yesterday was Independence Day for us here.) I bought some dosa batter the previous evening (it was a cop-out, I bought my batter from a bakery instead of making it at home…but it is a step,) and the chutney I made fresh. The result? Not half bad. My dosa making skills need to be refined, but they suited us quite nicely for the day. I unconsciously made our breakfast to match the colour of the Indian tricolour flag: green (chutney) white (dosa) saffron (orange juice.)
Lunch of steamed white rice, tadka dal, chicken cutlets and cabbage thoran.
Dinner was paneer paranthas.
I remain sad and irritable about the state of affairs on WordPress. I think my laptop needs to go to the doctor.
All words and no pics make my blog…rather dull. Sigh.
Shall I regale you with some tales from my life then?
- My son likes to show his love for me by biting me. I have incisor marks all over my left shoulder and arm. The only way I can get him to stop is by gently tugging at his nose.
- I went to my DVD rental guy to return some movies which were a week overdue. I rented 3: one was a very popular Bollywood flick, Vicky Donor, the other two were Emma and The Young Victoria. My keeping the Bollywood flick did not go down well. DVD guy told me that he only had 3 copies of Vicky Donor in total, and since it was hugely popular, my keeping it for so long made him incur a loss. Understandable. When I pulled out Rs 300 to pay for the fine, he gave me Rs 200 back. I said I took 3, you should fine me for 3, I said. He looked at Emma and The Young Victoria and said “You could keep them for a month and it wouldn’t make a difference. Yeh puraane zamaane ke British picture…sirf aap hi dekhte hain.” (You’re the only one who watches these movies about British people from a bygone era.)
- My DVD guys knows me so well. In my hands, for my next rental, was a copy of the BBC miniseries Pride & Prejudice.
- Colin Firth as Mr Darcy…..mmmmm 🙂
- Emoticons are about the only bit of pictorial fun I can create on my blog now,so 🙂 😦 😛 😀
- I am becoming increasingly disturbed by the number of popstars who dye their hair weird colours, wear strange fascinators and NO PANTS. Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry I am talking about you.
- Seriously, why don’t popstars like wearing pants anymore?
- I reckon I have become a prude post motherhood.
- I reckon if I make any more bullet points, I will lose you forever.
So till next time dear reader…hopefully, a time when my WP, my browser and my laptop are well aligned and have a propensity to be amicable.
Fare thee well.