Ok now that I have been blessed with so many blog awards, and I have sat on them long enough, it is time to express gratitude and spread the love. A big bloggy hug to Heather of Sugar Dish Me, Madhu of the Urge To Wander, Preena of A Teaspoon Of Turmeric and Anita Menon of Slice Of My Lyfe for appreciating my work and passing on the awards 😀 Together, they have presented me with a New Blogger, Beautiful Blog, Kreative Blog, Liebster Blog, 7X7 blog and Versatile blogger award. (Phew!) I am so happy to know that people read and like my blog, and I have learnt so much from my interactions with all of you.
These are from Heather:
From Madhu and Anita:
Since so many came my way so quickly, I am passing on all these awards, en masse, to the following posse. You are free to snag any and all of them, but please, please pass on the awards to other bloggers you read and love. When creative minds share what they love, we all stand to gain. (I know this sounds corny, but it’s true. Perhaps it’s the Tim Gunn effect. Be nice! It will not kill you. And yes, when you spread niceness, nice things will happen to you, too.)
First, 7 things about me.
1. I sometimes eat chocolate chips straight out of the bag. Like popcorn. I need to stop this, or my son will start doing it too.
2. I would really love to study baking and pastry arts or creative writing some day.
3. I have been watching syndicated Sex and the City re-runs these past few months, and I think Carrie Bradshaw is one of the worst people in the world. I’m saying this because so many young women (many of my cousins and neices included) idolize her character. She is selfish, financially irresponsible, erratic, neurotic and has the sense of a 12-year-old when she is pushing 40. I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this. I know it’s just a TV show. I will take the bullets.
4. I do not like gymming. But I have taken to it now because I do need to lose some of that baby weight.
5. I like re-watching movies and re-reading books which I love. I find that the second (or third, or fourth) time around, you notice newer and nicer things in the same frame or on the same page.
6. I love my homeland Kerala in the monsoon. It is the most beautiful place in the world then. Everything is green and grey and vibrant and solemn, all at the same time. If you have not had the chance to visit Kerala during the monsoon or otherwise, book your tickets now. Like now.
7. I used to be a weathergirl and a choirgirl. Now, I do not care for the weather update and I only sing in the confines of my home.
So here are the talented bloggers I would like to pass on the awards to! I have arranged everyone alphabetically.
Ameena of Fancy That Fancy This: Ameena is awesome. Her posts are hilarious, and she has a very balanced, very fun approach to parenting and marriage. Anyone who is married or is a parent can relate to her! She writes from the heart, and shares all kinds of interesting anecdotes from her daily life, as well as snippets of what she is eating, reading and watching. Once you visit, you will keep going back, because there is something about her that will appeal to everyone! Oh yeah, and her little daughter Maya is just beautiful. Like mother, like daughter!
Amrita of Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades: When I first came across Amrita’s personal blog, I knew we had an instant connection! She writes and photographs beautifully, and has this amazing ability to infuse something exotic into everyday dishes, and break down and simplify more complicated recipes. She also shares knowledge about Southern cooking from America. Her curried chicken pasta and choco-peppermint macarons are reason enough to bookmark her site!
Anastasia of While Chasing Kids: Anastasia is a mother of 3, and her blog chronicles her children, her kitchen and her Russian heritage. She styles her plates so beautifully. This one is very interesting for me because I did not know ANYTHING about Russian food culture before I came upon her blog. And you know what? It’s incredibly yummy! Watch out for Russian Fridays, and her adorable children!
Deepthi of Naughty Curry: Don’t you just love the name? The beautiful Deepthi Rao shares recipes from India and around the world, as well as some great cooking tips and tricks. What I love about her blog is her easy to follow, tutorial-style posts for basic sauces, breads, and other staples. Vibrant photos accompany each step. What sets her apart- Deepthi opens most of her posts with a lovely quote which is sooo apt for what follows…it really sets the tone!!
Malou of Going Dutch: This blog is a cross-cultural journey from the Philippines to Amsterdam. Malou combines recipes, life stories, travel and beautiful photography to create a blog about the Dutch way of life. If you ever want to visit Europe, her blog is a ready reckoner of places to visit and a little bit about their history and culture. A must-read for people who love to travel and experience different cultures!
Rob of Mint Cuisine: As Rob says, it can get pretty lonely out there for a male food blogger! Rob is a self-confessed food lover who likes a good home-cooked meal and tinkering in the kitchen. His blog is a great resource for all home cooks who are looking to create healthy, tasty meals without splurging; and a great starting point for people who want to trade their take-out for home cooking. Oh, and did I mention he hosts some amazing giveaways? Check out his page right away!
Sports Glutton: The whole team! This is a very unique blog concept- combining a love for sports and food. They have some great themed recipes, as well as fun recipes you can enjoy when you are hanging out with friends and watching the game. More importantly, they analyse, review and share their thoughts on the latest sports events. I’m not much of a sports enthusiast, and reading this has been very educational for me. Now I can sound semi-cool when I’m talking to my husband about sports!! A must read: the Monday Morning Humor posts!
Violets and Cardamom: A great blog with substance and style, it has a lot to offer. I love her photography and the myriad cuisines she cooks up. Simple recipes with step-by-step photos, and great D-I-Y projects from photography to furniture. Violets and Cardamom also curates some fantastic content from the web covering music, style, art and decor. You will not be disappointed!
So, thanks to all these lovely souls- the bloggers who gave me these awards and the bloggers I have passed them on to- for being the amazing people that they are and brightening up the blogosphere with their words and pictures. I know I look forward to flipping open my laptop every morning because of you.